Sunday, June 5, 2011

$ Oh the Drama of it All $

    As of today I have 13 days until we head out to Australia for the summer. It gets closer and closer and I get more and more nervous. Brock and Forest are done with their trip and Amy and I are about to go on a awesome trip to Washington DC and NYC! We have free housing with an old friend in DC and we're staying in a hostel right by Central Park... Brock -don't worry we'll have tons of pepper spray. We head out for our adventure tomorrow on a megabus to get to DC by Tuesday morning, it will be an overnight bus ride, and hopefully we won't be getting bed bugs or whatever else might be creeping around on public transportation... but isn't that part of the adventure? we are going to be able to go from Knoxville-->DC-->NYC-->DC-->Knoxville all for $25 each for transportation... so bed bugs and all here we come! I'm sure we'll have a few crazy stories to tell. When we get back from our adventure on Sunday possibly Tuesday depending on if Amy has changed our bus I'll have a little less than a week to get ready for the epic adventure ahead.
    We all received as of this week our staff manual and gear lists... its exciting! My parents were gracious enough to buy me most all of it on top of my graduation presents! because I've been trying to not only save for Australia but also for my NYC/ DC trip which if I'm honest with my self i'll end up spending $200 and only $100 as of now I can afford. Hopefully God will provide all that I will need for both trips; I am struggling in trying to control all of it. Money is a hard thing for me I want to make sure I have enough and if I don't think I do I go out looking for ways to get more. I have been controlling it up to this point. I want to rely on God from here... I know I can't afford both trips at this point but both seem to be really happening... sooo, God help? Pray that finances just work out for these trips and I'll have more than I needed. Also all the things my parents bought for me they honestly can't really afford it anyways but they are so faithful to God and he always restores them... mom got a refund check for $350 the day after we bought everything for my trip... God is so good. We are also having a garage sale the next weekend and hopefully help so more as well. I have to learn to just let go and I need to start now. thanks so much for reading if you did... please continue to pray everything goes smoothly... one more thing as of right now I'll be taking that 15 hour flight to australia alone... and I'm going to go crazy... so theres another thing to pray for as well haha... ok now i'm done. hope everyone is doing great and thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment