Monday, June 27, 2011

Starting Work.....Finally!

Hey everyone...
    So you may not see anymore pictures for a while they don't have wifi at work i have to use a desktop for internet. I finally am starting work and my first day of work is going climbing! I mean........ what a life! I can't believe I'm in Australia, and its kinda hard to imagine too because honestly the culture here is incredibly similar to America so I don't really feel like I'm in a different country honestly... even though I am living in a freakin rainforest! this is so much fun! I'm finally not dragging all my stuff around anymore and its settled in a cabin for the next 2 weeks before i start the program the next 2 weeks of training include scouting the areas we'll be taking the kids aka... climbing, hiking, canoeing, mountain biking, and over night stays. and i'm done at 4:30 almost everyday so we get to just sit around get on the internet, eat, play cards, go running.... hopefully it will warm up so we can go on adventures after work too. It's so great. these will be a great 2 weeks. Our bosses are so laid back they are so sarcastic and funny, its such a great work environment. Life is Good! Please be praying that we all grow a lot from this experience and God shows himself in amazing ways, because he has in so many ways already. For example... Brock and I were changing buses one day headed up the sunshine coast and I was SOOOO fed up with all my packs and how they kept falling I was just really mad anyways so this lady out of no where pulls over and takes us straight to the hostel we were trying to get to! what a God send! I mean just that small thing from God helped me remember he really is taking care of me while I'm over here. So, pray he continues to show up because its so wonderful when he does. 
 Love you all and thanks for all the prayers! 
-Amelia 

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy reading all of your posts. I am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete